What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer when you visit our website www.roboticoncology.com. Your computer automatically recognizes and accepts these files via the browser used.
Cookies are stored in the computer memory internet user; they cannot open / read the other information contained in that computer.
Cookies are like “bookmarks” that tell the browser exactly where he remained in a website. Cookies can be seen as an identifier of the Internet user, announcing the website each time the user returns to that website. They also retain in a website user preference (language used in a website that can display content in multiple languages).
Files containing cookies are not dangerous and should not be treated by any user as a virus or a file type that can harm your computer. The browser used allows the setting and limits the connection of cookie files.
Cookies are needed to run full services provided by this site, for the continuous improvement of the structure and content and to provide users a pleasant navigation experience.
Storing cookies on the user’s computer provides information on their activities on the website for personalizing and improving the user experience on the website and make your next visit more enjoyable, presenting relevant content in a way adapted to user preferences.
Also, cookies can give websites the ability to monitor users’ online activities and establish user profiles, which can then be used for marketing purposes.
Cookies are used in preparation of anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user benefits from our websites without identifying individual user.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, they don’t identify Internet users.
The duration of storage for Cookies
The duration of storing cookies varies depending on the lens with which it is placed. Session cookies – are used for a single session retained during a single visit to the site by the user and it is not stored after the user has left the website.
Persistent cookies – these cookies are stored for a longer duration and are used when the user returns to the website.
How can we stop Cookies?
To set cookies follow the steps below depending on the browser used. It is likely to be little different settings depending on the version used.
The Chrome Browser
- In the top-right corner, click on the Chrome menu > Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom, click on “Show advanced settings”.
- In the “Privacy” tab, click “Content settings”.
- In the “Cookies”, choose your preferred settings.
- Delete cookies: To delete cookies click on “All cookies and site date …” to see the list of all cookies that Chrome has stored on the hard disk. You can delete cookies individually or all at once by selecting “Remove All.”
Mozilla Firefox Browser
Click on the menu button and choose “Preferences”.
Select “Privacy” from the side menu.
From combo “History” select “Use custom settings for history”
Delete cookies: If you click on “Show Cookies …” opens a new window where you can select and delete one or more cookies at once.
Internet Explorer 11 Browser
- Delete cookies: If you click on “Show Cookies …” opens a new window where you can select and delete one or more cookies at once.
- Select rotated right corner of your browser, then select Internet Options.
- Click on the tab “Privacy” tab, select “Advanced”
- Set Accept / Block / Prompt as needed both for “First-party Cookies” and for “Third-party Cookies”. Here you can check the “Always allow session cookies” if you want. Click OK after you have made your settings.
- Delete cookies: To delete all cookies choose the tab “General” in “Internet Options” and click the “Delete …” from the tab “Browsing History”. Check the “Cookies and Website Data” and click Delete.